Sunday, March 18, 2012

New Mouse approaching.

Yesterday night one of my mices passed away. I tried to reanimate it with the aid of a screwdriver but there was nothing to do. Luckily it wasn't one of my most recent ones (like the Saitek R.A.T. 9 you can see it: *here*) but one I bought about 5 years ago, and he travelled with me to several different countries and daily to university, so I suppose he lived off its price.
In all honesty, I was already considering the purchase of a new mouse, and this seems like an assist from the fate (yes I am sort of a particular mouse collector). Until some weeks ago I was set on getting a Coolermaster Sentinel Advance as my next one.
I liked its many features (and the 8-colored leds inside were kind of cool) but the sudden price raise and some other stuffs made me change idea.

Particularly, considering the close release of Guild Wars 2, I decided to go for something that would be more suited for an MMO (The R.A.T.9 and the Sentinel Advance are more for FPS), and that had a cord and it wasn't wireless (My R.A.T.9 is great and all but at times radio interferences really get on your nerves).
My pick will most likely be the Razer Naga, now I have to decide if going for the standard black and cyan one

or the special edition, the Razer Naga Molten, which is black and red.

They are exactly the same except for the skin and cost the same price (The razer shop sells it for 79.99 EUR but I found them for 65.50 on Amazon :) ).
As it's easy to notice their main feature is the number of mappable buttons that for a MMO are never enough, but I suppose that 17 will do, especially if my hand will be able to remember them all; beside that, its specs are rather good:
  • 5600dpi Razer Precision 3.5G Laser Sensor
  • 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response time
  • 200 inches per second max tracking speed
  • Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ mouse feet
  • 17 MMO-optimized buttons (including 12 button thumb grid)
  • Optional MMO-specific software AddOns
  • Unlimited character profiles with AddOns
  • Approximate Size : 116 mm / 4.57” (Length) x 70 mm / 2.76” (Width) x 46 mm / 1.81” (Height)
  • Approximate Weight: 134 g / 0.30 lbs


So here's the question: Cyan or Red?

No comments:

Post a Comment